Not only do you need a legitimate mobile number and email address associated with your savings account to utilise net banking or mobile banking, but you also need them to comply with KYC requirements and engage in secure banking activities using a one-time password (OTP). If you are a State Bank of India (SBI) customer, you are probably aware that SBI offers Corporate and Retail Internet Banking Products as well as Other Value Added Services, and you should link your mobile number to your SBI savings account to take advantage of all of these services from the convenience of your mobile. So, if you’re a new SBI customer and want to learn how to link your mobile number and email address to your SBI savings account, follow the instructions below.
How to update your SBI savings account mobile number online?
A Retail Internet Banking customer or a resident customer with an active ATM or debit card whose account is connected to his or her internet banking username can update or alter his or her mobile number online without having to visit a bank branch by following the guidelines below.
- Go to the ‘Profile’ section of OnlineSBI (https://retail.onlinesbi.com/retail/login.htm).
- Now go to ‘Personal Details’ and enter your password for your profile.
- In internet banking, you may now see your profile display name, email ID, and registered mobile number.
- After clicking the hyper link ‘Change Mobile Number-Domestic only (Through OTP/ATM)’, a new page titled ‘Personal Details-Mobile Number Update’ will display, with three tabs labelled ‘Create Request,’ ‘Cancel Request,’ and ‘Status.’
- Now type in your ‘new mobile number’ and then type it in again.
- Now, click ‘Submit,’ and a pop-up window will show on your device’s screen, asking you to ‘Verify and confirm your mobile number xxxxxxxxxx’.
- Now, click ‘Proceed,’ and you’ll be sent to a new screen where you can approve the mobile number update request using either ‘By OTP on both the Mobile Number’ or ‘IRATA: Internet Banking Request Approval through ATM.’
How to change your mobile number with an SBI savings account via internet banking?
- Go to www.onlinesbi.com and go to “Profile-Personal Details-Change cellphone No.” under the “My Accounts” section of the SBI Internet Banking page.
- Select Account number, enter your mobile number, then click Submit on the next screen.
- The last two digits of your registered mobile number will now appear on the screen (non-editable).
- The mapping status of your registered mobile number will now be updated.
How to link your cellphone number to your SBI savings account via SBI branches and ATMs?
Customers can also link their cellphone number to their SBI savings account via the offline methods described below, according to the instructions outlined on SBI’s official website.
- Fill out a Letter of Request at your nearest SBI branch.
- Submit the letter to the branch, and the branch will link the accounts after successful verification.
- An SMS will be sent to your registered cellphone number after the update request has been completed.
- Select the ‘Registration’ option from the available selections at your nearest SBI ATM.
- Enter your ATM pin and then choose ‘Mobile Number Registration’ from the drop-down menu.
- Select the ‘Change Mobile Number’ option, then input and confirm your former phone number.
- You will now be prompted to enter and confirm your new mobile number.
Both your new and old cell numbers will receive different OTPs with the same message:
- Please send the OTP and reference number received via SMS from both the new and old cell numbers in the format below. IN 4 HOURS, SEND IOTP VALUE + REF NUMBER TO 567676.
- Your cellphone number will be updated once the OTP and reference number have been successfully verified.
How to verify the progress of a cellphone number update or change?
You can verify the status of your request for a mobile number update or change using internet banking.
- Go to the ‘Profile’ section of OnlineSBI (https://retail.onlinesbi.com/retail/login.html).
- Now click on ‘Personal Details,’ and your profile Display Name, Email ID, and registered mobile number in internet banking will appear on the screen.
- Now select ‘Change Mobile Number-Domestic Only (Through OTP/ATM)’ from the drop-down menu.
- A new screen titled ‘Personal Details-Mobile Number Update’ will display, with three tabs labelled ‘Create Request,’ ‘Cancel Request,’ and ‘Status.’
- Now select ‘Status’ to see the current status (Pending/Successful) of your request to change your mobile number using internet banking.
- If you choose, you may also cancel the request by selecting the ‘Cancel Request’ option.
How do You change Your email address on my SBI savings account?
- Log in to www.onlinesbi.com and go to “Profile-Personal Details-Change email ID” on the left side of the screen under “My Accounts.”
- Select your Account number, input your email address, and click Submit on the next screen.
- Self-approval of changes to your email address is possible using an OTP issued to your registered mobile number.
- You can also choose the branch approval option and submit your application at the branch.
- The branch will approve the mapping, and you will be notified of the status via your updated email address.